The New Pro Hunter Military Submariner
The Military Submariner has been added to the Pro Hunter collection. The beautiful watch has a stealth matte carbon coating on a 40mm case with a high-tech military matte ceramic insert specially designed for Pro Hunter in Switzerland. The watch comes with bracelet and also with high quality Pro Hunter NATO straps which are produced by the same company that supplied NATO straps to Rolex.
The Rolex Vintage Military Submariner Circa 1972 ref 5513/5517 is one of the most sought after vintage Rolex pieces in the world of Rolex collectors.
Commissioned by the British Ministry of Defence, Rolex Geneva designed in collaboration with the MOD a Submariner that differed in many aspects from the standard Rolex Submariner ref 5513:
- They have fixed bars making make the watch lighter, and near impossible to lose the watch when worn with the military G10 NATO straps.
- The matte finish on the case gave the watch anti-reflective qualities when on daylight missions.
- The special Gladiator Hands were designed for much better visibility under low light conditions, either underwater or on night operations.
- The Military Submariners have a bezel insert with full 60 individual minute markers, designed so that the SBS officers would be able to synchronise perfectly on dangerous covert missions.
- The dial is marked with a 'T' to indicate presence of Tritium used in the dial construction to enhance the luminescence on the markers
The Pro Hunter Military Submariner is limited to 100 pieces only and comes brand new with box and papers.